Recipe: raw super green macaroons
These little treats pack a healthy punch with the addition of a super greens powder mix of organic Wheatgrass and Barley Grass
- 200g / 2 cups + 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Super Greens Powder (Both or either Barley / Wheat Leaf
- 4 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (optional) 1 tsp coconut extract or almond extract
- Water, if needed
- For the chocolate topping
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- In a food processor, blitz the desiccated coconut with the Super Greens powder for a minute until well combined.
- Add the agave, vanilla and coconut extract (if using) and mix again. The mixture should start to clump together. If not, add a few small drops of water until it does.
- Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper and using an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon, make mounds of the mixture onto the tray to create macaroons. You will need to make sure the mixture is well packed into the spoon so that the macaroons don’t fall apart.
- Leave in the freezer to firm up whilst you prepare the chocolate topping.
- Melt the coconut oil in a heat proof bowl, suspended over a pot of recently boiled water. Whisk in the cacao powder and agave nectar until smooth.
- Leave in the fridge until cool to the touch.
- Take the macaroons out of the freezer and dip the bottoms into the chocolate mixture to coat. It should set almost immediately.
- Then drizzle lines of the melted chocolate onto the tops of the macaroons. Return to the freezer to set for a few minutes, then they are ready to serve!
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.