recipe: acai bowl
Looking for an afternoon snack, or a light breakfast? Making a refreshing acai smoothie bowl is simple.
(makes 1.5 servings)
1 frozen, medium sized banana
- 1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of acai powder
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- fruit and granola to top
- Firstly blend together the frozen banana, berries, spinach, almond milk, nut butter, acai powder, flaxseeds, maple syrup and salt for about 1-2 minutes depending on your blender speed.
- Pause to mix and scrape off any residue from the side then keep blending for another 15 seconds.
- Once all combined, pour the smoothie into a bowl and cover with all of your favourite toppings like granola, fruit or seeds.