recipe: Moroccan Carrot Dip
- 3 peeled sliced carrots
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small chopped garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons Totally Kiwi Roasted Cumin Oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Toss carrots with ginger, honey and Roasted Cumin oil in prepared oven tray and season well with salt. Roast for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft and caramelised.
- Transfer roasted carrots and any juices to a food processor. Add lemon juice and garlic and blitz a few times until well combined - you can leave the texture slightly chunky if you like, or keep blending until its smoother. Add 1-2 teaspoons or more of water to achieve your desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley or a drizzle of Roasted Cumin over top. Serve with pita bread.