recipe: homemade mayonaise
Delicious, easy and homemade
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 285ml olive oil
- 285ml TK Flax Seed Oil – favourite flavour
- Put egg yolk, mustard and 3 pinches salt, vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until the salt has dissolved.
- Whisking fast add the oil bit by bit, so that the eggs can emulsify with it. (If at any point the mix splits, add a tablespoon of boiling water).
- When all of the oil is added the mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Check and season as required.