recipe: Banana almond smoothie
Packed with vitamins, minerals and omega-3’s, this is a breakfast smoothie that sticks with you until lunch, and made all the more substantial with the addition of flax seeds.
- 1 medium to large frozen banana (break your bananas into one-inch chunks before freezing)
- 1 heaping spoonful of almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 spoonfuls flax seed
- ½ cup almond milk, yogurt or regular milk
- drizzle of honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- tiny drop of almond extract (or vanilla extract, but the almond extract makes the smoothie taste almost like candy!)
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy