RECIPE: kOFTAS WITH TABOULEH
perfectly paired with tabbouleh, these delicious lamb koftas are a great option for informal entertaining or feeding a crowd.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 250g cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (drizzle) TK Citrus Flaxseed Oil
- In a large bowl, combine lamb mince, onion, parsley, mint, egg, cumin, garlic, chilli and lemon. Roll into 8 small sausage shapes (about 10cm long). Mould around skewers, then chill for about 10 minutes.
- TABOULEH. Combine couscous and boiling water in a bowl and set aside covered for 3 minutes.
- Fluff up grains with a fork, add tomato, parsley, mint, onion and drizzle TK Citrus oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Fry kebabs in two batches for 6-8 minutes each, turning occasionally until cooked.
- Serve with tabouleh and flatbreads.