recipe: Cranberry & coconut cookies (GF)
Enjoy these sweet little cranberry and coconut treats with a cup of tea or coffee and good conversation.
- ½ sugar1
- ½ cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flaxseed flour (30g)
- ¼ cup rolled oats (30g)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 140g butter or spread
- 1 tbls golden syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper or Teflon sheets.
- In a large bowl sift together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum and the cinnamon.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt the butter and blend in the golden syrup.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water.
- Pour the butter and baking soda mixtures into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on to the prepared trays and press down gently with a damp fork.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes at 170ºC.Allow to cool slightly and then transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container
- Makes approx 32 cookies