recipe: Roasted Vegetable Frittata
Use up any leftover vegetables in this delicious family-sized frittata - easy to whip-up for a quick brunch or lunch option!
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 60g Kumera, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tsp Garam Masala (spice)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 free range eggs
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 600g Button mushrooms (quartered)
- ½ cup Caramelised onion
- 250g sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 15g Feta (crumbled)
- Heat oven to 180°c
Place pumpkin and kumara in a roasting dish and season with garam masala and salt and pepper, to taste. Add a good dash of olive oil and gently mix with your hands to make sure everything is well coated.
Roast for 10–15 minutes or until the veges are golden and caramelised. Remove from oven and set aside. Keep oven on to finish off the frittata.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing jug or bowl, pour in cream and beat until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large ovenproof frying pan on high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes before adding roasted vegetables and then egg and cream mixture. Turn the heat down to medium so as not to burn the bottom of the frittata.
- Place dabs of onion jam, sundried tomatoes, parsley and feta evenly around the pan on top of the egg mixture.
- When the edges are looking set, transfer the frying pan to the hot oven and cook for 15–20 minutes until golden brown, blistered and set.
- Drizzle TK Mixed Herb oil over before eating