RECIPE: PEANUT BUTTER BANANA PROTEIN BARs
If you're looking for an energy hit before the gym why not try these super easy to make protein, banana and peanut butter protein bars.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup protein powder
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground Flax Seed (for freshness buy our TK Whole Flaxseed and grind as you need in a coffee or spice grinder)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 175°c and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread oats out onto an unlined baking sheet in a thin layer, and toast until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; remove and allow to cool.
- Mix together the cooled oats, protein powder, whole wheat flour, and flax seed until thoroughly combined, and mix with peanut butter and honey.
- Mash the bananas into the mixture and stir to combine.
- Press the dough down onto the parchment-lined baking sheet in a 1/2-inch layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the dough are golden brown, about 15 minutes; cut into bars while warm, and allow the bars to cool. Wrap bars in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.